- HELPS TO PREVENT BEAR ATTACKS: The powerful horn helps to scare nearby bears away, making startling encounters for you and the bear less likely
- POWERFUL HORN BLASTS: 115dB horn and can be heard up to 0.5 miles (805 meters) away, helping to make your presence known to nearby bears
- ON/OFF FEATURE PREVENTS ACCIDENTAL SOUND: An On/Off feature helps to prevent the horn from being accidentally deployed for worry-free carrying in packs with your other gear
- COMPACT AND EASY TO CARRY: Space-saving design easily fits into side compartments of bags or pockets for quick access
- MULTIPLE USES: 60- 14 second bursts provide multiple uses, helping to keep the many ventures ahead safer
Bears are most volatile when they are startled or surprised. The Frontiersman Bear Horn helps you alert the animals—causing them to move out of the area. A quick burst of the 115dB horn will warn animals up to half a mile away that humans are around. Bears tend to move away from the noise and give you a safer path for continuing your hike or trail ride. Louder and more distracting than bear bells, wildlife in the area will seek to avoid the intrusion and thereby make you less likely to startle them into aggressive and dangerous behavior. The horn is also an effective tool should you become lost or injured, giving you the ability to attract the attention of fellow hikers and campers, and get the help you need. Each horn is compact and easy to carry and can be sounded up to 50 times with a ¼ second blast, or up to 25 ½ second blasts. Be safe and carry a Frontiersman Bear Horn whenever you are hiking, biking, or camping in bear country!